- Age minimum: 18 years
- Racers will compete in teams of two or solo.
- All participants should be physically and mentally fit and in good health.
- Each participant is responsible for their own registration considering that upon registration one automatically accepts the rules and conditions of the race.
- Each participant should respect all transit signs as the race will pass through public routes..
- It is mandatory to carry a hydration bladder of at least 2 liters.
- It is mandatory carry a emergency blanket.
- It is mandatory to carry a whistle.
- It is mandatory to carry the official number in a visible place.
- The slower runner must give way to the faster runner.
- The trail runner must give way to the cyclist.
- If the Trail Runner is faster than the cyclist, then the Trail Runner must be announced before making a pass.
- The participant must complete each stage in the given time.
- Only participants who complete the five days in the given time will be considered finalists.
- If a Trail runner retire for any reason or is expelled from the race, will not have the right to reimbursed their registration.
- All participants must sign the attendance sheet 30 minutes before each start time with the official judge.
- Participant must up hold respect to fellow competitors, organizers, judges and the general public at all times. Un-sportsmanlike conduct will be penalize.
- It is not allowed to take any kind of transportation during the race, that includes bicycles, motorcycles, cars or horses.
- The Trail Runners who do not respect the environment or throw garbage in areas not assigned will be penalize.
- If the runner retires for some reason, are obliged to notify as soon as possible to a judge.
- It will be allowed to supply the participants during the race.
- Categories will be opened if there is a minimum of 5 teams in it, if there are not enough teams to open a category, they will be registered in the previous category.
- Race organizers reserve the right to prevent or to stop a racer from continuing on the race because he is not in optimal conditions.
- To the Trail Runners that don´t register in a PC will be disqualified.
- Participants registration closes on Wednesday at 2:00p.m. No late registrations will be accepted. Teams that have not registered by this time will lose their entry. No refunds will be given.
- Lodging is not allowed to a third person in the room without having canceled its quota as companion.
- It is mandatory for all participants to sleep in Antigua Guatemala on Wednesday. There will be no exceptions.
- It is mandatory the use of light during the first stage.
- It is mandatory to purchase insurance offered by the Organization.
Participants that do not follow the rules will be penalized with time as described below:
- Not respecting the environment or throwing trash in undesignated areas 60 min.
- Violating traffic laws 60 min.
- Team members separated by more than 5 minutes. 60 min.
- Not wearing one of the official race numbers 30 min.
- For not announce himself to a cyclist and make a bad pass that jeopardises the life of the rider or his own life 60 min.
Individuals or teams will be disqualified for the following::
- Unsportsmanlike or behavior and disrespecting fellow competitor, judge, organizer or members of the general public.
- Cutting race course or taking short-cuts.
- For not carrying mandatory equipment hydration bladder, emergency blanket and a whistle.
- Upon receiving two warnings for disrespecting environment or throwing trash in undesignated areas.
- Upon receiving two warnings for being more than 5 minutes apart from team member.
- Not to respect the cyclist.
COMPLAINTS or PROTESTS:
- All complaints or protests must be written. Participant must obtain protest form from organizers, fill it out and submit it with a Q150 deposit.
- If the protest is unfounded, they will be refunded their deposit and otherwise the organization will have the right to keep the deposit.
- The protest on results must be made within 30 minutes after the official results published
- Respect the schedules of buses and trucks.
- Respect the place of the start line, it is totally forbidden to throw trash, mistreat nature and make basic necessities outside the toilets. Those who do will receive a 60-minute penalty and up to disqualification.